Thank you for participating in the 2016 World’s largest Truck Convoy in Nova Scotia. We are excited to celebrate your profession and the Special Olympics Athletes you support as well as the memory of Ice Road Trucker, and Convoy Marshal Darrell Ward.
Read all about it HERE
DRIVER FAQ – Check DRIVER-FAQ-1 if you have questions about our day
2016 Convoy date has been set for Saturday, September 24th Convoy departs DND Shearwater At 10:15 am
Tentative Schedule (For Drivers and guests only)
- 7:00 am Registration
- 7:00 am – 8:45 am: Meet & Greet with Shipping Wars cast Marc Springer, Tamera and Todd Sturgis and the son of Darrell Ward, Face-painting,Balloon Artists, children’s entertainment by Jim Rockola
- 8:45 am – 9:15 am: Sponsor Meet & Greet with Marc Spring and Todd and Tamera Sturgis.
- 9:15 am – 9:45 am: Opening Ceremony including parade of atheltes, Safety Meeting, Trucker Buddy pairing, Presenting of the Lead Truck and Lead Team Banner and Darrell Ward memorial tribute.
- 10:15 am Trucks Depart
- 1:15 pm: Trucks Return (approximately)
- 1:30 pm: Charlie A’Court Performs/BBQ/Children Activities/Games of Fun
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Driver Awards, auction wraps up, raffle draws
Get Ready for some fun when you return to our 5th Anniversary Celebration! Thanks to our friends at Bounce Kingdom Party Rentals we have some great new features.
Get Ready, Get Set…Let’s Bounce! For the young kids we will be featuring the Monster Trucks Bouncy Castle for their bouncing fun.
For the kids of all sizes and ages we will be featuring the hottest and newest mobile race track. * Suggested donation to Special Olympics of $4.00 per race.
And for the Drivers of our #BIGRIGS we have something extra special for you! Because our Law Enforcement Partners know how important raising money to support our athletes is, they have agreed to let you throw balls for a chance to dunk them. YES, you can dunk a Vehicle Compliance officer or a Halifax Regional Police Officer.
HOW COOL is that! The only catch was that it has to be to help us reach our goal. So, gather up your friends and co-workers, this opportunity is going to cost you. $50.00 a ball or three balls for $100.00
Meet Jayson Gay, your friendly Vehicle Compliance Officer and brave volunteer for the Dunk Tank. “Because it is for Special Olympics i will do it.” – How great is he!
Stay tuned to meet our Halifax Regional Police Officer – Jim Greek
Detailed Route Directions – Our convoy will begin at DND Shearwater, before proceeding through Dartmouth, Cole Harbour, and Eastern Passage. The convoy will end when the trucks return to Shearwater. Please be aware that the route may be subject to change.
All you need to know
Email AMshannon@sportnovascotia.ca or call 902-429-2266 x 2