Imagine leading a convoy through some of the busiest streets of Nova Scotia as people on the sidewalks cheer you on. Don’t just join our convoy, lead it!
The honour of leading the convoy will go to the trucker who has raised the most funds. This is a great way to show your support for the Special Olympics, as well as create exposure for your truck and company. Ask your friends, family, coworkers, vendors, and service and parts providers to sponsor your entry! With the help of your community, you can stand at the forefront of the trucking industry’s support of the Special Olympics.
NEW GUIDELINES FOR 2017 LEAD TRUCK
This year we will be implementing new Lead Truck guidelines. We are so very grateful to each and every driver who helps to support our athletes through the collection of pledges. In consultation with over Convoys in Canada, the new guidelines will be as follows:
- All pledges must be turned in by 8:45 am
- There will be no leader board
- At 9:00 am Lead Truck entries will be closed
- The driver with the most pledges turned in by 8:45 am will be lead truck
- There will be no opportunity to up your bid once the moneis have been turned in
- All drivers in the Top 5 positions will be called to verify their bids at 9:00 am (this is to be sure the on-line donation platform matches or records.
- Winner will be announced at 9:30 am
Lead Team will follow the same guidelines as above with the following rules:
- To create a team, there must be more than one team member
- Each team member must collect at least $100 in pledges
NEED TO KNOW
The driver who gets LEAD TRUCK can also be a team member for LEAD TEAM. For example, if John Doe collects $1000 in pledges and is a part of a team that collects pledges, he can be lead Truck and still be a Team member for Lead Team.
If you need to print out extra sheets for pledges, you can download those individually here: